BUTTERFLY BANNER

BUTTERFLY BANNER
Papercut and colored pencil art by Sheryl Aronson X 5

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

From One Sheryl to Another


I got an email yesterday from someone asking for my help to raise money to pay for medical expenses for his partner. I don't normally post things like this here, but I had to post this. Her name is Cheryl (okay, so she spells her name wrong), she has Sjogren's Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, thyroid issues and a sister named Maria (my sister is Marcy-close enough). Here is his letter, along with the link to the youcaring.com page where you can read more about Cheryl and her ordeals, and donate as well, even if your name isn't S(C)heryl. Youcaring is a site where individuals and causes can set up a fund-raising page to raise money fee free.

Hi,

Sorry to write at this address. I ran across your blog and was wanted to know if you could help me. My partner Cheryl has been diagnosed with sjogren's syndrome, IgA deficiency, fibromyalgia, and secondary adrenal insufficiency. She also has had to have her thyroid ablated. The history of how we came to these diagnoses is long and complicated. The short story is that she hasn't had much success with traditional doctors, but about a year ago she started seeing a alternative medical care doctor who specializes in classical Chinese medicine.  His treatment as well as some dietary changes (eliminating wheat gluten for one) have helped her tremendously. Prior to this treatment she was bed-ridden because of the pain all over her body and was loosing weight.

The reason I am writing is that these treatments are not covered by insurance forcing us to pay out of pocket. Because we cannot afford these treatments I have started a fund-raiser to help pay for the treatment. We have already reached out to friends and family and have used Facebook to raise funds, but I have found that I need to reach out further. My request of you, if you can, is to post a link to our fundraiser on your blog to try to help spread the word. I don't have a Facebook page myself and am not good at social networking. Here is the link to our fund-raiser and gives a more complete story:

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/cheryl-s-medical-fund/40186

By the way we live in Portland Oregon with two children (twins!)

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment