I try to avoid conflict, and to not cause trouble. I believe in the saying "Live and let live". I seldom get angry, I don't carry grudges, and I don't let anyone push my buttons.
Anger is a normal
emotion when things don't go our way. Carrying that anger after the
situation has passed or holding grudges increases your stress level.
This in turn increases pain, and can trigger a vast assortment of
symptoms. My body doesn't need that, and neither does yours. What can
you do to live easier with the world around you?
1. Accept that others won't always agree with you, and that is okay.
2. Recognize that things won't always go your way. That's life.
3. Don't respond when someone tries to push your buttons.
4. If someone tries to start an argument, say "I don't want to argue with you. What can we do to resolve this civilly?"
5. When you start to get angry, take some deep, slow breaths to clear your head. Ask yourself, a. What outcome would I like to see? b. What action(s) will be most likely to produce that outcome? Then do that.
6. Look for a compromise
7. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
8. Forgive- not only others, but yourself as well.
9. Live in the moment. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here yet.