BUTTERFLY BANNER

BUTTERFLY BANNER
Papercut and colored pencil art by Sheryl Aronson X 5

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Can

What can I do that is productive that won't stress my elbow or my knees?  I can do almost anything on my computer, because I can sit in my comfortable recliner, with my laptop computer in my lap.  I can read, as long as it is not one of those books that requires strength to hold it open.  I can watch a movie with my sweetie.  I can do a jigsaw puzzle.  I can call my sister/brother/best friend from college.  I can exercise in the water.  I can  pet a cat or dog.  I can daydream.  I can reminisce.  I can make plans for a glorious vacation I will take only in my mind.  I can eat a Popsicle or a peach.  I can listen to the birds in the trees and watch the butterflies in my garden.  I can sing with my favorite music.  I can tell a story to a child.  I can toast marshmallows.  I can stargaze.  I can meditate.  I can pray.  I can say "I love you" to the people in my life.  I can say "thank you", and "please" and "bless you".  I can practice using my left hand, and laugh at my mistakes.  I can take a hot shower.  I can get a massage.  I can I can laugh, I can cry, I can smile at a secret only I know.  I can be gentle with myself and accept myself as I am.  

I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment