BUTTERFLY BANNER

BUTTERFLY BANNER
Papercut and colored pencil art by Sheryl Aronson X 5

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Positive Abilities

I just got laid off from my job as a psychiatric Occupational Therapist. I have worked at this hospital since 1996, except for one year about 8 years ago when I got laid off then rehired. I really liked the work, and the people I worked with (both patients and staff). I am sad to leave, but at the same time, I am happy that I will have more time for other interests, such as this blog, my art, my Chronic Illness/Chronic Pain Support Group which has been on hold, that I would like to restart, and lots of other ideas. I will also be looking for other OT jobs, but I doubt I will find any in psych, which is what I like best.
I sent out an email to family and friends to let them know, and I loved the response I got back from my oldest son. He was so positive and encouraging about all the possibilities that this lay off opens up for me. As I was sending him a reply to his reply, I had a flash of insight. The word 'possibilities' sounds like it is a combination of the words 'positive' and 'abilities'. I know t isn't spelled right for that, but I like it anyway. My abilities make me feel positive, and will take me in a positive direction. Feeling positive gives me the ability to take action. There are so many ways those words can interact to form new 'pos-abilities'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment